Tuesday, 8 October 2013

ITIL V3: A Pocket Guide by Jan van Bon

ITIL V3: A Pocket Guide by Jan van Bon



This is our recommended book of the day. It's written by authors Jan van Bon, Arjen de Jongr, Axel Kolthof, Mike Pieper, Ruby Tjassing, Annelies van der Veen and Tieneke Verheijen.

This Pocket Guide is a concise summary of ITIL® V 3. A quick, portable reference tool to this leading standard within the Service Management community. What are the key service management processes? What is the lifecycle approach?




Customer reviews:

J. Macrae 5/5

Having read the reviews I bought this book, along with the OGC publication Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid: The Official ITIL Foundation Study Aid (see separate review) and decided to take the open access exam (£155 Inc. VAT) rather than opting for one of the various courses that were available (ranging from £595 to £1080 + VAT). It's a long time since I've had to study from a book for anything but I figured that with 30 years in the industry, most of that spent in outsourcing and 3rd party services, that I would walk it.

GerryB 5/5

I have been working with ITIL v2 since the end of the 90's. I had both titles from OGC (Service Delivery and Service Support) and used both extensively. I bought the previous version of this ITSMF book in 2003, and from then on, I barely opened the OGC publications. It served me very well over 5 years. Now that ITIL v3 is available I decided to invest in this ITSM book rather than invest over 5 times as much in the OGC versions. Like its predecessor, this ITSMF text is a gem: it contains all I need to know about the 5 process groups, the new processes, and how I should go about introducing v3. I would heartily recommend it.


A.Kumar 5/5

I am an ITIL Consultant and an ITIL Trainer, with MBA in Technology Management. When I first looked at version 3, I smelled MBA style of Service Management and no doubt, ISEB released a Diploma there after. I wanted some text that could tell me exactly and precisely, like a summary of ITIL v3 life-cycle approach and how each process fits in the life cycle; without going over the five fat books.

M. Harfield 5/5

I heartily recommend this book. I bought it as an IT professional in Application Support who needs to work closely with an ITIL Service Management area and wanted to get an understanding of their approach. This little book it packed with information that is clearly laid out and easily accessed. It explains terms concepts concisely and with clarity.
Vince Steele 4/5

I bought this book as a pocket sized study guide a month before sitting my ITIL v3 Foundation - and I got a 95% pass! The good thing about it is that it goes thru the 5 stages of the service lifecycle and then, carrying on with the same "split" goes on to describe all the processes. These are the key bits to study and it explains them well in an easy to understand format.

Read full customer review on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment